This palace was the seat of power of the highest chief of the Asante kingdom, Asantehene. It is located in Kumasi, the capital of the Ashanti Region. The palace was first built by the Ashantis themselves and it was so beautiful and grand that the British were impressed by the size of it when they first saw it. The palace contained many rows of books written in different languages. However, that didn’t stop the British from leveling it during the war of the golden stool. It was later rebuilt in 1925 by the British themselves.